Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 Found Family


Hey everyone! I thought I would finish off 2017 with a few of the photographs I've been able to return to families this year. Most of the time, I am able to contact family members before I even post the photo- I typically find them through findagrave.com or ancestry.


 These two photos are of Margaret Davis Doughty and of Rosa and John Doughty with their sons, Oliver and Bill. Margaret was the wife of Oliver. The pictures were found in an antique store in Galveston, TX. I contacted Elizabeth, a descendant of the Doughty family, through Find a Grave and returned them in January.

 In October, I purchased over 30 photographs of the Burkett/Blunk family in Jefferson, TX. Above are just a couple of these: A picture of Vina Burkett Blunk and family, and a picture of  Garrett and Amelia Burkett, Vina's parents. I found a direct descendant of the Burkett's, Cindy, also through Find a Grave. I was able to return all of the photographs last week.

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who reads this blog and loves old photographs. I hope to return many, many more in 2018!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely to see these photos made their way back to family. I hae recently started a simular project here in the UK.

    Amy
    Twigletmouse@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, I'm glad others care about old photos as much as I do!

      Delete